Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Blah Blah Recession Blah

Surprise surprise, "the recession" is a hot topic right now. I would say it pops up or in at least 2 conversations a day... probably I'm about to graduate and desperately crawl on my hands and knees for a job.

Truth is, though, I don't necessarily think this ominous recession is such a bad thing.


Yes, growing unemployment lines are unfortunate, and it's sad to see desolate malls. However, I think this has been a bit of a wake up call, forcing big to become more efficient and competitive. When behemoth companies stop caring about micro-efficiency, their business model lose their efficacy, and they become flawed. I honestly see this as plague that is ravaging those who have become to lax. Those who work to develop immunities towards it will be better off in the long run. Those who work harder to develop their skill sets will get hired, and those who provide a better product will stay in business.

It's about time.

No comments:

Post a Comment