Thursday, July 30, 2009

"Media as the new Creative"

It has been said that "media is the new creative." To clarify, the idea is that in this age of hyper-audience fragmentation, the "who" you're speaking to is now as important as the "what" that's being said. -Media Post
Upon entering UT's advertising program, I (along with many, many others) had the great "creative dream." Upon entering Maria Rivera's ADV 325 class, I knew I was clearly destined to become the genius behind world-renown ads. Long story short, the copy of Photoshop I bought that semester (SP 07) is still sitting in its plastic on my desk.

So, I'm not going to be spending endless hours racking my brain for catchy phrases, or cursing the blur tool on CS4. It's true. However, the truth is, Media is where the real creative comes to play. Media strategies and vehicle choices truly shape the entire campaign as well as the creative messaging.

Need proof? Some of the greatest campaign ideas were started at media agencies. See Breyer's Smooth and Dreamy, Sprint/Suave's In The Motherhood, and BMW films - The Hire.

No comments:

Post a Comment